If you like the idea of being able to control certain features of your vehicle remotely, then the Toyota Remote Connect feature is perfect for you. Toyota Remote Connect is available on most new Toyota models via Entune™ 3.0 Audio Plus and Premium Audio and comes with a 6-month complimentary trial on equipped vehicles. To utilize this feature via the new Entune™ 3.0 system, you’ll need to follow the instructions below.
- Download the Toyota Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect app on a compatible smartphone in the App Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android devices).
- Register your vehicle with Toyota Owners and enroll in the connected services.
- You will receive an email with an authorization code.
- Input that code in the Remote Authorization app on the Entune™ 3.0 display screen in your Toyota vehicle by selecting Apps, then Communications, then Remote Services.
You may also like: Bluetooth® pairing instructions for Toyota Entune™ 3.0
Toyota Remote Connect features and capabilities
With your phone connected to your vehicle through Toyota Remote Connect, you can take advantage of the following features and capabilities:
- Lock/unlock the doors from anywhere
- Engine start/stop – especially helpful for warming up or cooling down your vehicle before you get in (shuts down after 10 minutes)
- Vehicle Finder – displays a map to your vehicle’s location
- Vehicle Status – alerts you when the doors, trunk, or windows are open; lets you know how much fuel is left
- Guest Driver – monitors speed and radius when someone else is driving your vehicle, such as a valet, family member, or friend
If you’d like a more in-depth look at what can be controlled with Toyota Remote Connect, feel free to check out this video: