One of the best perks of driving home in a brand-new Toyota is being able to take advantage of the high-tech convenience features it offers. Fortunately, the 2018 Toyota model lineup, which features the new Entune 3.0 system, allows drivers to easily connect compatible devices via Bluetooth® wireless technology. Feel free to utilize the pairing instructions below to learn how to connect your phone or device to your Toyota vehicle.
9 Steps to Connect your Phone to 2018 Toyota models via Bluetooth®
- First, press the HOME button on the Entune system.
- Select MENU, then Setup.
- Make sure Bluetooth® is enabled on your device.
- On the Entune screen, select Bluetooth, then Add New Device.
- The multimedia system will begin searching for your device, which should show up on the list. Select your device from the list.
- Ensure the PIN on your device matches the PIN on the Entune display screen. If it does, press Pair.
- The screen will show “Connecting…” as the pairing process takes place.
- You may be prompted to allow message access on your device. You can do so in your device settings by choosing Show Notifications for Apple devices or ON for Android.
- Once your device has finished pairing, a confirmation will show up on the Entune display screen.
You may also like: Toyota Entune Audio Integrated Navigation vs Connected Navigation
The Bluetooth® pairing process should not be completed while you are driving, so you must connect your phone when your Toyota is stopped. Once you are connected, you will be able to take advantage of a wide array of capabilities, such as hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming. If you run into issues while pairing your phone to your 2018 Toyota model, you can get in touch with our team at Toyota Vacaville or contact your local Toyota dealer.