For years, the Toyota Tundra has sort of been seen as a non-conformist in the truck market, thanks to its unique size and amazing off-roading capabilities that come as a perk in owning this powerful truck. The full-size pickup truck segment is hard to break into, however the Toyota Tundra has done a great job at building a strong following and carving out a sizeable niche for itself. Due to its reliability and performance satisfaction, the Tundra has garnered the attention of many industry players and has proudly won many awards and achievements for its 2016 and 2017 models.
Toyota Tundra Awards and Achievements
- Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value: Full-Size Pickup Truck
- Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value: Top 10
- Edmunds.com Best Retained Value®Vehicle Winner
- Best Overall Value by IntelliChoice
- Excellent Value by IntelliChoice
- Lowest Repair Costs Winner by IntelliChoice
- SmartChoice Retained Value by IntelliChoice
- Largest Fuel Tank in Its Class
- Over 90% of Tundra models Sold Over the Last Fifteen Years Are Still on the Road
Why Buy a Tundra?
The 2017 Toyota Tundra rivals other full-size trucks in its segment thanks to its available 5.7-Liter Aluminum i-FORCE V8 engine with DOHC 32-Valve cylinder heads and E85 Flex Fuel Vehicle (FFV) capability. The standard 5.7-Liter Aluminum i-FORCE V8 engine found on the base model SR can tow up to 10,500 pounds, and special TOW/HAUL Mode holds lower gears longer, keeping the Tundra from attempting to shift into other gears while pulling. Add in the standard Entune Audio Multimedia Bundle that features a 6.1-inch touch-screen display, hands-free phone capabilities, Bluetooth wireless streaming technology, an integrated backup camera, and much more.