There’s a lot to celebrate over Memorial Day weekend. In addition to being the unofficial start of summer, it’s also the perfect time to remember and honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. No matter how you are looking to celebrate the holiday weekend, here are some of the events and activities happening around Vacaville, CA.
You may also like: Summer & Fall music festivals in the Bay Area
The 61st Annual Fiesta Days festival is happening this Memorial Day weekend from May 24 through May 28 at Andrews Park in Downtown Vacaville. The festival includes a parade, crab boil, rides, lots of food, live entertainment, and a variety of vendors. If you’re looking for a place to have fun and be outside, then you’ll want to check out Fiesta Days!
Memorial Day Ceremonies near Vacaville
To pay tribute to the men and women who have fought so bravely for our country, feel free to join the Memorial Day ceremonies happening in and around Vacaville, CA and Solano County on Monday, May 28, 2018.
- Sacramento Valley National Cemetary – 9:00 a.m. – featuring Travis Air Force Base’s Band of the Golden West Brass Quintet, Maura Sullivan, and Todd Irby
- Mare Island Cemetary (Vallejo) – 9:00 a.m.
- Benicia Arsenal Post Cemetary – 10:00 a.m.
- Vacaville-Elmira Cemetary – 11:00 a.m. – featuring Supervisor John Vasquez
- Vallejo Veterans Memorial Park – 11:00 a.m.
- Rio Vista Main Street Parade – 11:00 a.m. (ceremony to follow at City Hall)
- Rockville Cemetary (Suisun Valley) – 11:00 am.
- Suisun-Fairfield Cemetary – 2:30 p.m.
In addition to Fiesta Days and all the Memorial Day ceremonies, the upcoming holiday weekend is a great time to sit back, relax, and enjoy time spent with family and friends. Whether you invite a group over for a cookout or go out to a local park or restaurant, we hope you have a safe and restful Memorial Day weekend!