The summer heat can do some damage to your vehicle, but, fortunately, there are steps you can take to help reduce or avoid heat and sun damage altogether. So, if you’re wondering how to protect your car in hot weather, here are a few helpful tips.
5 Tips to help protect your vehicle in the heat
- Whenever possible, park in a shaded or indoor area. Not only does this help keep the inside of your vehicle cool while you’re away, but it also helps prevent fading to the exterior and interior.
- For those times that you’re forced to park in the hot sun, bring along a windshield sun shade to keep your vehicle’s upholstery, dashboard, and steering wheel from getting too hot.
- Be mindful of your engine coolant level. To help avoid an overheated engine, check it regularly and top it off when necessary.
- If you notice weak or warm air blowing from your car’s air conditioning system, have a mechanic take a look. The refrigerant charge might be low, and there could be leaks in the system.
- Consider having your windshield wipers replaced. The extreme heat can age the rubber and harden the wipers so they are unable to work properly.
If you would like more tips and tricks to help you protect your car in hot weather, feel free to get in touch with us at Toyota Vacaville. You can also schedule a service appointment with us, and we will do a full inspection to make sure everything in your vehicle is working correctly.