Available exclusively on model year 2016 or newer Toyota vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio Plus, Scout® GPS Link allows drivers to sync their Entune system with their smartphone and receive turn-by-turn directions, traffic-based information, and voice-activated navigation all through their center dash display.
Step-by-Step Scout GPS Link Installation Directions
- Connect your smartphone to your vehicle’s Entune™ system via Bluetooth by going to “Settings”, then “Bluetooth”, then switching the toggle so your smartphone’s Bluetooth is discoverable. Once it finds the Entune Audio system, click “Pair”.
- Once your smartphone is paired to your Entune Audio system, download the Scout GPS Link app on your phone from the Apple App Store or Google Play area. Make sure your “Location Services” is on.
- Launch the app once it’s downloaded.
- Click “Let’s Get Started”,
- Follow the prompts to create a Scout account or to skip registration.
- Once the app has finished connecting to your Entune Audio system, you will see a screen letting you know it has been successfully initialized. After the initializing is complete, the vehicle touchscreen display will prompt you to update your Entune™ system. Touch “Now” to begin.
- Once the update is finished downloading, select “Install”.
- After the installation is complete, the Scout GPS button will appear on the Apps screen of your Entune Audio display.
Remember, you need to have your compatible smartphone with you in order to access the app. If would like more information about innovative Toyota navigation, visit the “Technology” section of our blog here at Toyota Vacaville.