If you own a dog or a cat, you’re well-aware of how much their hair sticks almost anywhere. Ever since the last time they rode in your car, there has probably been pet hair all over your seats. If you’re not sure how to get rid of it, then you have come to the right place! We’ll walk you through step-by-step instructions as well as some tips for getting pet hair out of your cloth car seats.
You may also like: 7 Tips for cleaning the inside of your car
3 Quick steps to remove pet hair from your car
- Fill a spray bottle with water and lightly spray your seats.
- Use a water squeegee or rubber gloves to wipe down the seats. The hair should be damp from the water and clump on the edge of squeegee or on the fingertips of the gloves.
- Let the seats dry for a bit and use a vacuum and/or lint roller to catch any stragglers.
Tips for getting dog or cat hair out of your car
In addition to the instructions listed above, here are a few tips to keep in mind that can help remove pet hair from your car or prevent it altogether:
- The steps outlined above can also be utilized to remove pet hair from cloth carpets in your car.
- Consider brushing your pet well before a trip in the car. This helps reduce the amount of hair that ends up on your seats.
- A seat cover or pet liner can help keep pet hair off your car seats and instead isolated to removable and washable surfaces.
- Keeping your pet in a crate can be both cleaner and safer, especially for longer trips in the car.
For more car tips and tricks, feel free to check out the rest of the Toyota Vacaville blog.