Perhaps one of the most exciting additions to the 2019 Toyota lineup is the availability of Apple CarPlay in certain models. This innovative feature allows drivers to access their iPhone interface through the display screen in their vehicle. But how do you set it up so you can use it? In an effort to inform Toyota drivers, we wanted to walk through the step-by-step instructions for getting set up with Apple CarPlay in the 2019 Toyota RAV4.
You may also like: How to register for Toyota Connected Services
5 Steps to configure Apple CarPlay in the 2019 RAV4
- First off, ensure your iPhone is compatible with your RAV4. Generally, iPhone 6 models and newer should work for using Apple CarPlay.
- Update your iPhone settings to ensure Siri and Apple CarPlay are enabled.
- On your RAV4 display, enable Apple CarPlay by navigating to Menu > General > Apple CarPlay and making sure it’s set to On.
- Connect your iPhone to your RAV4 via a lightning USB cable.
- You may encounter a prompt on your phone to choose from the following: enable once, always enable, or do not enable. Choose “always enable” if this is your primary vehicle. Choose “enable once” if you’re in a rental car or borrowing temporarily from a friend or family member.
You may be interested in: What do the colored lines on the Toyota backup camera mean?
Once everything is enabled and your iPhone is connected, you should be able to access compatible phone apps, features, and capabilities using the touch-screen display in your RAV4. If you run into issues while setting up or using Apple CarPlay, feel free to contact our team at Toyota Vacaville or get in touch with your local Toyota dealer.